GIRLS GOLF COACH
Make a Difference in a Girl’s Life. Be a Girls Golf Coach With Us!
We’re looking for female Coaches for our Girls Golf Program. Applicants may be LPGA or PGA certified (desired). For non-certified individuals, golf experience is helpful, but not required (we’ll train). If you’re an enthusiastic and caring individual who wants to serve as a positive mentor and role model to girls, ages 5-17, let’s talk! Our Girls Golf classes are energetic and active, and you’ll have fun while gaining a sense of “making a difference” in girls’ lives through two national organizations dedicated to building character in today’s youth.
SUMMARY: Our Girls Golf Coaches present fun golf lessons through the LPGA*USGA Girls Golf 5 E’s: Empower, Engage, Enrich, Energize, and Exercise to girls ages 5-17. Our Coaches typically also teach First Tee’s Life Skills Curriculum to kids and teens. Our classes take place at green grass facilities and golf locations throughout Northeast Florida. Classes are taught in a fun and interactive way, through hands-on golf instruction, games, golf activities and mentoring in small group settings. Our classes (60-minutes or 90-minutes) meet weekly in multi-week sessions throughout the year in the evenings and/or Saturdays. We also conduct First Tee tournaments on Saturdays, and special Girls Golf social/golf events about once per month on weekends or evenings.
SCHEDULES AND COMPENSATION: Coach schedules are flexible, depending on coach availability. Starting pay is $15 per hour for non-certified coaches (higher for LPGA/PGA certified). Paid time includes course set-up, class instruction, and clean-up. Coaches are paid for attending required training sessions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote and model First Tee life skills concepts and Key Commitments and Girls Golf 5E’s; positively convey the First Tee and Girls Golf brand images to the public
- Provide a high-quality, safe, fun and engaging learning experience for teaching golf fundamentals and life skills concepts
- Become proficient in the delivery of First Tee age-based programming curriculum and/or Girls Golf 5E’s concepts
- Begin and end scheduled lessons on time; maintain consistent and regular attendance; follow lesson plans for golf fundamentals, rules, etiquette
- Maintain and organize all equipment and storage areas
- Communicate with parents regarding schedules and events
- Motivate and inspire youth
- Show initiative, collaborate and communicate efficiently with staff, coaches, parents, volunteers and facility personnel
- Accurately record work time on mobile app payroll platform
- Commit to coaching for the duration of each multi-week class session and for each class, including set up and takedown
- Must be able to work assigned evenings and/or weekend class/event times
- Willing to cover absences of other coaches for vacation, illness, or personal leave
- Knowledge of golf technique, rules and etiquette helpful, but not required; must be willing to learn
- Must have reliable transportation to attend scheduled class locations and coach trainings
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must submit to background check; employment is subject to background check
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs., stand on feet for duration of class set-up, takedown and class time, be able to carry golf clubs and accessories to/from storage area or equipment van, and be able to work in variable outdoor conditions
- Must complete SafeSport training and First Tee Assistant Coach Training
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume by email to Linda Johnson,
Director of Community Outreach and Girls Golf Site Director : [email protected]