After-School Golf and Life Skills
Youth Development Specialist
Be a Game Changer. Become An After-School Specialist With Us!
We are looking for Youth Development Specialists to lead our After-School Golf and Life Skills classes. Golf Experience helpful, but not required. If you’re an enthusiastic and caring individual who wants to serve as a positive mentor and role model to kids and teens, let’s talk! We’ll provide all the training that you’ll need. In return, you’ll have fun and gain a sense of “making a difference” in kids’ lives through a national organization dedicated building character in today’s youth.
SUMMARY: After-School Specialists lead golf classes for kids and/or teens onsite at elementary schools and at golf venues throughout our seven-county service area. Currently, we are looking for After-School Specialists for St. Johns, Duval, and Putnam Counties. We conduct onsite after-school classes through Extended Day Departments at outdoor fields and/or paved surfaces, using modified hard plastic golf clubs, alternative balls, and targets. In addition, we offer after-school classes at golf facilities with one-way van pickup from schools, using regulation golf equipment outdoors or indoors. All classes are taught in a fun and interactive way, through hands-on golf instruction, games, golf activities and mentoring in age-based small group settings. Our after-school classes (60-minutes or 90-minutes) meet weekly in multi-week blocks throughout the school year.
SCHEDULES AND COMPENSATION: After-School Specialist schedules are flexible, with hours ranging between 5-30 hours per week, depending on specialist availability and number of classes. Pay is $15 per hour, which includes set-up, class instruction, clean-up, and school pickup travel time, where required. After-School Specialists are paid for attending required training sessions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Promote and model First Tee Core Values and Key Commitments; positively convey the First Tee brand image to the public
- Provide a high-quality, safe, fun and engaging learning experience for teaching golf fundamentals and life skills concepts using a variety of equipment
- Become proficient in the delivery of First Tee age-based programming curriculum
- Begin and end scheduled lessons on time; maintain consistent and regular attendance; follow lesson plans for golf fundamentals, rules, etiquette
- Maintain and organize all equipment, equipment van, passenger van, and storage areas
- Communicate with parents regarding schedules and events
- Motivate and inspire youth
- Show initiative, collaborate and communicate effectively with staff, coaches, parents, volunteers and facility personnel
- Accurately record work time on mobile app payroll platform
- Commit to leading classes for the duration of each multi-week class block and for each class, including set up/takedown and school pickup as required
- Must be able to work assigned afternoons during the week (approximately 5 hours per shift/class)
- Willing to cover absences of other coaches for vacation, illness, or personal leave
- Knowledge of golf technique, rules and etiquette helpful, but not required; must be willing to learn
- Must have reliable transportation to attend scheduled class locations and coach trainings
- Must have valid driver’s license and be able/willing to drive equipment van and 15-passenger van
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must submit to background check; employment subject to background check
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs., stand on feet for duration of class set-up, takedown and class time, and be able to work in variable outdoor conditions
- Must complete SafeSport training and Assistant Coach Training
- Must submit to required background check and fingerprinting for school district vendor clearance
HOW TO APPLY:
Send resume by email to: